Here’s an easy problem-solving list for you the next time your sewing machine doesn’t want to cooperate:
- Re-thread your machine.
- Check the bobbin (remove, make sure the thread’s going the right way, replace).
- Change the needle.
- Turn your machine off and back on (most machines made since 1980 have circuit boards – this will reset it).
- Clean your machine thoroughly.
|This is NOT a good stitch!|
- Eat some chocolate.
- Repeat one or more steps above.
- Try a different thread.
- Take the poor thing in for service!
Take a deep breath and remember:
If you don’t make mistakes, you don’t make anything!!